Hickory – The Catawba Valley Community College (CVCC) Small Business Center will host two no-cost webinars for small businesses on Tuesday, June 8 from 9AM to 11AM, and Thursday, June 10 from 12PM to 1:30 PM. The programs will be in a webinar format, allowing participants to access the program from their computers. Register online at https://www.cvcc.edu/CCE/Workforce_Development/Small-Business-Center/seminars.cfm or call (828) 327-7000, ext. 4117.
Intermediate QuickBooks Desktop
Tues., June 8, 9:00 AM-11:00 AM; Speaker(s): Jeff Weathers, QBX Accounting LLC
This class will expand on the “Introduction To QuickBooks” webinar, covering more complex transactions that participants might encounter in running their business including: receiving payments and paying bills, managing accounts receivable and accounts payable, reconciling bank and credit card accounts, and how to generate and understand the financial reports (Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet) which small businesses need to monitor and analyze to manage their business and to close the year-end books.
Understanding Bookkeeping for the (Clueless) Small Business Owner
Thurs., June 10, 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM;Speaker(s): Callie Sitek
In this class you’ll learn:
• what bookkeeping is – we use an easy analogy to help you wrap your head around the concepts
• bookkeeping tasks you need to be doing on a monthly basis
• cash or accrual basis – which you should pick for your business (hint: one is way easier!)
• basics of inventory movement from in stock to sold
• the best way to double check your work so there’s no tax time surprises.