Morganton, NC – As communities throughout our state begin to reopen during the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Morganton Parks and Recreation Department is excited to provide citizens with something to look forward to by reopening some facilities and holding its popular annual fireworks show.
The City will hold a fireworks show on Saturday, July 4, at Freedom Park.
“People attending the July 4th fireworks show, should be vigilant and adhere to guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services.”
There will be strict rules in place to help keep our community safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19. The City will practice and enforce social distancing at all times. Throughout the day, multiple times per day, staff will clean and disinfect common areas, dressing rooms and other equipment at City facilities. If you plan to use City facilities or watch the fireworks show, you must adhere to the rules below.
– Fireworks will be shot from Freedom Park.
– Freedom Park will be closed.
– This location should allow for a larger number of citizens to view the fireworks from safe parking areas. There are large amounts of parking available near Freedom Park.
– People should watch the fireworks from their cars while socially distancing themselves from surrounding groups.
– Due to restrictions, no concerts or festivities will be held, only a fireworks show.
Freedom Park was constructed in 1983 by the City of Morganton adjacent to Freedom High School. The park is approximately 30 acres. It is located at 400 Block Independence Blvd., Morganton, NC.