Hickory – Wednesday, May 15, 2019 brings a plethora of artwork to Downtown Hickory. The Downtown Hickory Art Crawl boasts the works of more than 60 artists along with music, all with an easily walkable four block area.
The Co- Kick-Off Parties begin at 5:00 pm at Full Circle Arts, located at 42-B Third Street NW, and Trade Alley Arts, located at 25 2nd St NW Maps of the Art Crawl route and the participants will be available. Make sure to pick one up so you do not miss out on any of the artists. Remember, the artwork is for sale, so please support these talented, local artists.
Win a $25.00 gift certificate by having your map signed or stamped at these four locations, Taste Full Beans Coffeehouse, C & C Trading Company, Splentique Fashion Boutique and Craft Beer Cellar.
See you in Downtown Hickory on WEDNESDAY May 15!
· Trade Alley Art hosts a Kick-Off Party at 5pm at 25 Second Street NW, 828-578-1076, hosts a Kick-Off Party at 5pm and is an artist owned Co-Op with 26 featured artists.
· Taste Full Beans, 29 Second Street NW, 828-325-0108, has delicious coffee, muffins, and more. Featured artists are Amy Weaver, Suzy McGee, and Facescapes
· Etcetera ~ Etc…, 221 1st Ave NW Suite 109 (Harris Arcade), 828-439-3073, a different boutique. Presents stained glass mosaics by Debra Zimmerman.
· C & C Trading Company, 221 1st Ave NW #108 (Harris Arcade), 828-827-7283, a women’s clothing store. Features 15 artists in the store.
· Hatch Sandwich Bar, 268 First Avenue NW, 828-322-1196, has a diverse menu of unique sandwiches and beverages. Featuring acrylic and watercolors by Kysa Frye.
· Full Circle Arts hosts a Kick-Off Party at 5pm at 42-B Third Street NW, 828-322-7545. The works of Full Circle Arts members are highlighted.
· Aqua B Boutique, 262 Union Square NW, 828-323-7200, a clothing store. Features mixed metal assemblages by Ellen Ball.
· Splentique Fashion Boutique, 246D Union Square (Shops on the Square), 828-838-1449, is featuring a Wendy & Co. Trunk Show.
· Foot Solutions, 242 Union Square NW, 828-328-9844, has a Board Certified staff to assist you with your footwear needs. Featured artists are Robert Roach and Dale Zimmerman.
· Hickory Wine Shoppe, 238 Union Square NW, 828-324-4441), presents woodworking by Thomas Denne and music by Kevin Lee Smith.
· Artisan Soapery, 234 Union Square, 805-704-8701, organic Handcrafted soaps, scrubs, lotions, bath salts & more! Featuring acrylic paintings by Terra Gedeon Vardell.
· Tracy’s On The Square, 228 Union Square, 828-322-6651, has a wide selection of apparel, jewelry, shoes, and tuxedo rentals. Presents the watercolor art of Zan Thompson and acrylic paintings by Ernie Sills.
· Olde Hickory Tap Room, 222 Union Square, 828-322-1965, serves delicious food with a wide selection of fine spirits, wine, and award winning craft beer. Hosting oil and watercolors by Eugenie Fein.
· Ella Blu, 214 Union Square NW, 828-324-9792, a clothing boutique, exhibits the acrylic paintings by Sara Jenne Eckard.
· Attitudes Salon, 204 Union Square NW, 828-327-9010, hair salon. Features flow art by Doug Steelman.
· Spanky Jane’s Bunker, 204 Trade Alley, 828-322-1776, clothing boutique, presents artwork by Fancesca and Ashleigh Hagarty.
· Tunes In Trade Alley is the location to hear the rock & roll sounds of Trial by Fire Tribute to Journey sponsored by the City of Hickory’s Rock the Block!
· Olde Hickory Station, 232 Government Avenue SW, 828-322-2356, has a new spring menu and more than 50 craft beers on tap. The Station presents fused glass by Reilly Yount.
· Hickory Martial Arts, 117 Government Ave SW, 828-205-1419, presents acrylic pour paintings by Jo Ellen Raver.
· Craft Beer Cellar, 109 Government Ave SW, 828-327-2337. Rockin’ craft beer, hospitality and education in the Catawba Valley! Presenting intaglio printing by Matthew Strawn.
· Nailed It DIY, 107 Government Ave SW, 828-679-1400, offering a fresh, new way to approach Do-It-Yourself! Showcasing watercolors by Patrick Westmoreland.
The Downtown Hickory Art Crawls are sponsored by the Hickory Downtown Development Association, Boyd & Hassell Industrial Commercial Real Estate, United Arts Council of Catawba County, Jackson Creative, and Focus Newspaper. The United Arts Council of Catawba County is committed to advancing the cultural life of Catawba County through grants, marketing, fundraising and facilities management. The council strives to provide awareness of the cultural activities in our area, as well as grant and contribution opportunities. http://www.artscatawba.org. Boyd & Hassell Industrial Commercial Real Estate specializes in sales, leasing, and management of industrial and commercial real estate.