The lead agencies for coronavirus (COVID-19) information are the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) Please visit their websites for basic information, guidelines, and recommendations.
COVID-19 Fact Sheet by NCDHHS – Fact Sheet (PDF)
General Resource Links:
CDC COVID-19 (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), Click HERE.
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services – COVID-19, Click HERE or text COVIDNC to 898211
COVID-19 Response in NC link, Click HERE
John Hopkins Cornovirus Resource Center (Word Map of Infection), Click HERE.
NC 2-1-1 – nc211.org or 888-892-1162 for general questions or for help finding human services resources in your community.
NC State Government – NC.gov
NC Governor Roy Cooper Facebook –www.facebook.com/NCgovernor/
NC Governor Roy Cooper – https://governor.nc.gov/
Carolina Public Press – https://carolinapublicpress.org/category/coronavirus/
Urgent Childcare — If you are a parent who provides necessary services to, or cares for, members of our communities and your child care has fallen through or is unavailable because of COVID-19 closures, click HERE for information about urgent childcare.
State Business Resources:
NC Restaurant Workers Relief Fund – Click HERE
SBA Disaster Loan Application – https://disasterloan.sba.gov/
Main Street America – https://www.mainstreet.org/howwecanhelp/resourcecenter/covid19resources
Second Harvest Food Bank Catawba Branch
538 1st Ave SW
Hickory, NC 28602
Lenoir Soup Kitchen
1113 College Ave SW
Lenoir, NC 28645
Operational Changes (Services, Landfill & Convenience Centers, Libraries, etc.), Click Here
- Business Resource Guide – https://catawbachamber.org/covid19/
- CVCC Small Business Center – www.cvcc.edu/CCE/Workforce_Development/Small-Business-Center/
- SBDTC – www.sbtdc.org/
- Restaurant/Bar Takeout Options – https://catawbachamber.org/restaurant-update/
- Hickory Metro & Convention Vistors Bureau – Hickory Metro Strong – www.visithickorymetro.com/hickory-metro-strong/
- Keep it Local (Facebook Group) – www.facebook.com/groups/229270521792717/
CALDWELL COUNTY – www.caldwellcountync.org/coronavirus-covid-19
GASTON COUNTY – https://cms3.revize.com/revize/gastoncounty/coronavirus/
IREDELL COUNTY – www.co.iredell.nc.us/1383/Coronavirus-COVID-19
LINCOLN COUNTY – www.lincolncounty.org
Tips on What You Can Do to Help Small Businesses:
• Stay healthy, wash your hands often, and follow the NC Department of Health & Human Services Guidelines
• Connect with community pages on social media for your city/town and county.
• Follow the social media channels for small businesses in your community
• Connect virtually with small businesses for products and services
• Comment and share posts from small businesses
• Shop small/Shop local online or over the telephone
• Leave 5-Star Reviews for businesses that you LOVE
• Order take-out from local restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries, etc.
• Promote your positive experiences on social media
• Buy gift cards NOW and use them later
• Buy items NOW for future pick up or put items on layaway
• Tip Generously
• Maintain Subscriptions to health clubs, coffee clubs, etc.
• Participate in virtual events and activities offered by businesses
• Help a small business owner with childcare
• If you know a small business owner, ask how you can help them!