Lenoir, NC – The Caldwell Arts Council invites Caldwell County photographers (16 and older) to enter up to two framed, ready-to-hang photographic works in the January Exposures: A Photography Competition event.
• Framed, ready-to-hang photography must be delivered to Caldwell Arts Council (CAC) on Saturday, January 4 between 10am and 2pm or Tuesday, January 7, 2020 between 9am and 5pm (closed Mondays).
• Unsold artwork must be picked upon Saturday, February 1 between 10am and 2pm or Tuesday, February 4, between 9am-5pm(closed Mondays).
• All artwork must remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibit
• Photography will be judged in one of two categories: Straight/Unenhanced photography and All Other photography(manipulated, enhanced, photogravure, etc.)
• All photography must be ready to hang, including canvas wrapped prints. Eyelets and wire should be firmly attached, and wire should not be seen when the artwork is hung. No dry-mount, ‘sawtooth’ hangers, cardboard pop-out hangers, or easel-back frames will be accepted. Artwork that cannot be hung to museum standard will be rejected. If you have any questions about whether your pieces meet the requirements, please ask.
• Caldwell Arts Council reserves the right to exclude any entries that do not confirm to our standards of quality or good taste.
• Unless otherwise noted in writing, CAC assumes that permission is granted to use images of works for publicity, educational purposes, and for our records.
• Anyone (16 & older) who lives, works, or goes to school full-time in Caldwell County or who is currently taking photography classes in Caldwell County is eligible to participate.
• $15 for one entry, $25 for two entries. Limit two entries per photographer.
• Four awards will be presented during the reception: Best of Show: $100, First Place-Straight/Unenhanced Photography: $75, First Place-All Other (Manipulated, enhanced, etc.)Photography: $75, and People’s Choice:$75.
• A public reception will be held at Caldwell Arts Council on Friday, January 10 from 5pm until 7pm. Everyone is invited to attend and bring friends. Awards will be announced at 6pm, with People’s Choice tally announced about 6:30pm. The exhibit will continue through Friday, January 31, 2020.
• Photography may be for sale or not for sale (NFS). Caldwell Arts Council retains 30% commission on all sales, so please price accordingly. Any work not listed for sale should have an insurance value indicated. Caldwell Arts Council will conduct all sales transactions. Payments will be issued the month following the exhibit.